Saturday, July 24, 2010

Identity

People keep asking me if I have settled in Denver and how life is in US compared to Germany. Well, as I said before, life is still life except it is totally different. I get more used to the habits of the people here.
The official stuff is almost all done thus I don't have my driver license yet. But, I got my instruction permit and it has a heart on it. In the US they have the name directly under the photo in contrast to German passports where they have the name of the state which issued the passport under the photo. In my case it is "Freie Hansestadt Bremen". My bank counselor didn't realized that. That is why he wrote instead my name "Freie Hansestadt". Yeah, that is the story from the time I became a free hanseatic city.
At work, I changed my desk. It is still in the basement and I still don't have a window but now I have a telephone. The only problem now is that people don't understand what I am talking about - and I don't understand what they are talking about. Fortunately, that is not always the case.
That's it for now. I will try to keep my blog updated. There will be a lot more to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment