Saturday, July 23, 2016

Soroosh Pezeshki and the Order in Marburg

Some years ago, I planned to go to Phoenix to a conference and write a post with the title “Soroosh Pezeshki and the Order in Phoenix” based on the title of one of a Harry Potter books. I went to the conference but, as you know, I never wrote the blog post. Instead, I’m going to use the title for my trip to Marburg. My brother Soheil lives in Marburg. He told me that the main building of the Philipps-Universität Marburg (University of Marburg brought to you by Phillips Electronics) is nicknamed Hogwarts. That’s why, I decided to give this post the title it has. I will also write about the connection of the Harry Potter books and Marburg…Marburg, you know, the city where the Grimm brothers lived and studied.
Soheil was making suggestions what I can write in my blog post. It’s funny, he didn’t use to read my blog. I think he finally turned around and become a blog reader - a Berader. Folks, is it okay if I call you Berader? …No? …I understand you think it’s to close to Justin’s Belieber, and you don’t want to be associate with them…Alright, I will not call you that.
Let’s come back to Harry Potter and Marburg. One of the first things I saw was Marburg’s version of the caretaker Argus Filch calling out a student not to run fast in the hallway or in Marburg’s case, two regulations officers  telling a bicyclist not to ride his bike on the sideway. 

While we were side seeing, we saw an installation  of a red pump. It has to be connected to the prom in the Goblet of Fire. Didn’t Hermione had red pumps. Next we saw also a mirror. That has to be the Mirror of Erised. I don’t know any story from the Grimm brothers with a magical mirror. 
A pomp with some reference to a Harry Potter story
Mirror of Erised

A broom store. I'm sure they have the newest Firebolt

I have seen this...thing from the botanical gardens in a Harry Potter movie 

Captions with magical spells everywhere in the botanical gardens

This slug has been jinxed by one of the Weasley twins

1 comment:

  1. You could have posted a picture of the university building

    ReplyDelete