Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Polar Regular

The G20 meeting was next to my office and I knew in advance that there will be a lot of hassle. So, I thought it’s time to travel the world again. Since, I was about to become 20 million minutes old I decided to fulfill one of my bucket list goals and travel to the polar region. My destination was Tromsø/Norway. With 69° North, Tromsø is north of the polar circle and it will also boost my bounding box. One highlight in my travel was to see the midnight sun. 

It’s fascinating to have no sunset and sunrise. People didn’t seem to care for day or “night”, at least my host family was active at 2 am.
Let’s take a look on the numbers. 

As my website shows there’s no dawn or dusk, no sunset and sunrise in Tromsø. Compared to that Hamburg has all of that. It only misses an astronomical dawn and dusk this time of the year.
Beside the midnightsun, there was a lot more, which I will not detail, like my quest for Munch’s “Scream”, the attack of a seagull, and the masses of German tourists. Ouugh German tourists, they are the worst, I mean we are the worst.
Even more German tourists in the port of Oslo.


No comments:

Post a Comment