Sunday, November 29, 2015

Relax... It's Just Switzerland

Sorry for yelling at you in my last post. The hustle in London went to my head. If I stayed longer in London, with all the tourists who take pictures from phone boots, the overground trains that operate underground, and employers who use their lunch break to run, my rage level would have raised more. Instead, I went to Zurich to come down. Switzerland is well known as a spot for recovery. It's better known yet for banks. That sounds like a cliche but it's not. I asked a group of young people who live in Zurich "who works in a bank?" Three out of five raised their hand - only three. The fourth said not yet. Four out of five - that sounds about right.  
Zurich is in the German speaking part of Switzerland. They speak Swiss German which is a dialect of German. I had no problem to read all signs and bill boards. But it was difficult for me to understand Swiss people talking while they didn't have any problems to understand my high German. So, it was the opposite of my US experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment