Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Panic Seat

Exactly ten years ago, my wisdom teeth were removed. I could listen to music on earbuds while the procedure. Therefor, I compiled a CD with songs that I liked before I went to the operation. The surgeon injected anesthetics with a big syringe and I lost feelings in my mouth. While the oral surgeon was sawing and I was listening nervously to my music, I was wondering if in the future I will feel anxious when I hear the same music again. In other words, can the removal of teeth act as an aversion therapy? So far, I haven't notice any change.
Even my "panic attack" during the procedure didn't result in aversion. During the complete procedure while I was on the seat, I had to keep my mouth open. Because of that, I was breathing through my mouth. After the first tooth has been removed, a lot of blood flowed through the wound and filled my mouth. I couldn't breath and instinctively I started to panic. The medical staff had to calm me down. After a horrifying moment and after I had focused on breathing through my nose, the procedure could continue again.
After the procedure, I had to show off my wisdom

The next day: After a painful and sleepless night, my cheek was swollen and my mood has reached a low point

No comments:

Post a Comment