Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Londonian

I was in London. In my humble opinion, the best way to discover a city is by feet, so I walked a lot. It was a challenge for me not to bump into other people because they walked all on the wrong side. Everything moves on the wrong side: people, cars, escalators, trains. I know what you are about to say: "They move on the other side but that does not mean it is the wrong side." Other countries have other habits yada yada yada but they do really drive on the wrong side. England does not want to adapt to the majority. After all England is an island. I know "England is not an island, Great Britain is." Whatever.
I walked to different attractions. They have a lot of them in London. There are a lot of war monuments in London. Every members of the United Kingdom has a war memorial somewhere in London, like the Canadian memorial in Green Park close to Buck Palace.
I know what you are about to say: "Canada is not member of the United Kingdom, it is part of the Commonwealth."
Did I meet the Queen in London? No, I have not. But reliable sources suggest I saw Prince Williams.    

Wow, Prince Williams - he's going to be the next King. I know what you are about to say "Prince Williams is not next in the succession."
After my trip to Athens, I posted a selfie with the Acropolis in the background. Why not finish this post with a selfie in front of an iconic site in London? And what site would be more iconic than the tower Big Ben?  "Big Ben is not the name of the tower, it is the name of the ..." What's going on? Why are you so pernickety today? THAT'S IT - NO SELFIE FOR YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment